Thursday, March 17, 2016

Dog N Suds Root Beer

We decided to take a drive up the North Shore in the middle of October.  For Minnesota, it wasn't a bad October day at all, it was warm enough to lose the extra sweater up by Gooseberry Falls.  We brought our GIANT WHITE DOG along, and he got thirsty enough to try to drink Lake Superior.  We got thirsty too, and decided to stop by Fizzy Waters in Duluth on our way home.  Fizzy Waters is a great soda shop located in Canal Park, and part of the fun is mixing and matching your own six pack.  I'm absolutely loving the craft soda shops popping up in Minnesota.

One of the root beers I picked up that day was Dog N Suds.  I'll admit the name drew me in, the big fluffy dog in the back seat may have swayed me a bit.

DO NOT BUY THIS ROOT BEER.  Honestly, I'm hoping I just got a bad bottle.  It actually tasted a little alcoholic, but in the wrong way, as though it had started to ferment, and it was so overly carbonated you couldn't even pour it into a glass.  After one sip the rest went down the drain.  If I ever find it on tap, I might give it another try, but this was undrinkable.

INGREDIENTS: Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Natural Flavor, Caramel Color, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Benzoate (as preservative), Natural and Artificial Flavor.

1 comment:

  1. Your tastes seem to match mine — root beer shouldn't be too sweet, ought to hold a heavy carbonation (those tiny bubbles in some brands such as A&W ruin what might otherwise be a good root beer), and needs to have a least a little kick. I recommend Bundaberg Root Beer. We try different brands about once a month and this has become our standard by which we measure the others. Too bad it's as expensive as it is. http://soda-emporium.com/FRESH-127oz-Bundaberg-Root-Beer-P2159994.aspx

    ReplyDelete