Monday, August 26, 2013

Cock 'n Bull Ginger Beer

Picture
I found this ginger beer in a truckstop on our way home from our vacation- after 3 hours of driving I was ready for a little something.  Sadly a sharp left turn out of the parking lot left me wearing more of this ginger beer than I got to drink, but what I had gave me a good idea of what this brew is all about.

First of all, it has a nice, sharp ginger taste.  You'd think that would be obvious, but I've had quite a few ginger beers and ales that had a weird fruity taste, either from their sweeteners or something else.  This one has real sugar, and it really makes a difference in the taste and mouth feel.  This was a nice mix of spicy ginger with just enough sweetness to make it drinkable, it'll warm your tummy and tickle your sinuses.  Good carbonation, and the label makes me giggle.  I would buy this one again, I like it on its own and it would be great in a mixed drink. 

Ingredients:  Carbonated Water, Real Sugar, Citric Acid, Caramel Color, Natural Flavors, and less than 1/10 of 1% Sodium Benzoate as a preservative.

No comments:

Post a Comment