Monday, August 26, 2013

Killebrew Root Beer

I really wanted to like Killebrew Root Beer.  I've tried it for the first time at a Saint Paul Saints game and was excited to try it- a local, baseball themed beer at a baseball game!  Sadly, it did not live up to the hype.

It comes in a strange aluminum bottle.  I'm wondering if that is part of the problem, as I've tried several bottles and they are all so lightly carbonated to the point of being flat.

It is very sweet.  It is sweetened both with my nemesis, high fructose corn syrup and honey.  I tend not to be a fan of honey sweetened root beers as they tend to have a surprisingly bland taste, and this is no exception.  It also has a very sugary feel on your mouth, and I was looking for a glass of water after drinking this to get the sticky feeling to go away.

I do not recommend this root beer, other than for the novelty of the aluminum bottle.

Ingredients:  Pure natural spring water, high fructose corn syrup, pure Minnesota honey, caramel color, natural and artificial flavors, and citric acid.

No comments:

Post a Comment